Friday, October 9, 2009

Kindergarten Update

I worked in Emma's class last Monday and of course brought my camera.


Emma at the promethium board. Not sure how to describe but everything is controlled by the laptop. The kids use a special pen to tap on on things. It is very high tech and very cool. The teacher does everything from the calendar to her lessons on the board. Things have really changed since the old chalk board and even the fancy dry erase board.

Emma was student of the week. Mom got to make a poster with pictures of Emma.


She also got to bring her stuffed animal and her favorite book. She chose Skippyjon Jones. It is a funny book but tough to read until you get the hang of the Spanish accent.


They are doing math and the teacher puts up these dividers so that they can't cheat. WOW...in kindergarten.
Today is 50's dress up day for the school. They are celebrating 50 year anniversary of the school. They will have a big rally today to kick off the next couple weeks of events. So get ready to sponsor Emma in her very first jog-a-thon to raise money for the school!

Mommy couldn't take her to school. so I armed daddy with the camera. Emma walking next to her teacher.

Emma and her friend Lydia

They just look so cute...even from the back!

4 comments:

Summer said...

SO CUTE!! That is a great costume! She is so grown up now.

kh said...

that is very high tech! I have never seen one of those boards. Cool poster, I made one for Jill for her student of the week and I was so excited to pull my scrapbook stuff out!!

Rachel said...

You did a great job on that photo board! I see kindergarten comes with home-work for mothers too!

Mary Child said...

Those promethian boards ARE so cool! Ivy's Kindergarten class had one last year, and they just installed one in the first grade room this year.

The 50's theme is so cute, and Emma DOES seem so grown up now.

LOVE the pictures on your sidebar!