Monday, April 13, 2009

Decorating for Easter

This was the first year that we had the offficial Easter egg hunt and brunch at our house so I got a little excited about decorating. I did a couple fo things that I had not done before and was excited how they turned out.

this is what my arrangement looked like at night after I finished it at midnight the night before Easter

this is what it looked like in the morning


I took the candles out of the votive holders and put in some paper grass with blown out eggs and then died them to be bright colors. It looks better without the flash.


here is the other one...I think that I blew out about 2 dozen eggs...there was more in the bathroom


the Easter baskets at night
one of the planters in the backyard that we finished planting around midnight the night before

3 comments:

Ali said...

LOVE those first two pictures! What a great idea. Were they hard boiled or raw?

kh said...

everything looks so cute I love the egg tulip vase!

Mary Child said...

Beautiful tulips; what a fun, creative arrangement! The Easter pic's of the girls are darling, and Gibbons park looks like great fun. Glad to see you guys had a wonderful Spring Break!

The picture collages are from photoshop elements 6.0. I make the collage on Photoshop, click "save for web", and then the collage is saved on my desktop for quick access. After uploading onto blogger, I delete it off my desktop, but can save the collages in a folder in My pictures if it's one I want to keep! Hope that helps.

Also, I do spend a few hours a week on my blog, but I print my posts and keep them as a journal. I have a HORRIBLE memory, and my blog is a way of preserving the memories during this crazy, chaotic time of our lives. I do have to budget a fair amount of time for blogging each week, but it is worth the sacrifice b/c I am documenting the kid's childhoods. Then maybe when I have time to scrapbook again in 10 years, my blog print-outs will help jog the memory!!!

Great to catch up with your cute little fam Zephra- have a great day!