So I had this great idea to go on another egg hunt. I dragged all the girls, gammy, cousins from out of town and great aunt and unlcle to what I thought was going to be this small little egg hunt in old town Fair Oaks. Well it turned out to be this huge event at a different park. The only thing I had right was that it was off of Fair Oaks Blvd. It was chaotic, huge, and very muddy. So we lined up for the 4-7 year old group and each got 3 eggs. The girls were very disappointed but then we saw a little boy that only got 1 egg. We got lucky and Emma went with her older cousin Jessie to the 9-11 year old hunt and collected some more. I then found this area that was roped off for 3 and under. Technically Lucy and Grace are still 3 so the girls were now well trained in grabbing as many eggs as you could and as fast as you can. This of course was an area with lots of small toddlers and babies and moms with cameras. I do think I got a couple of dirty looks from a couple of moms but they were 3. They made out like little bandits and we even put some back. They were excited that they had collected more eggs. We then had a great picnic and played on the playground for a few hours. It all turned out good but mommy and gammy were EXTREMELY exhausted. Thank goodness for Starbucks because I had a lot to do for Easter the next morning. Oh yeah, this was the day before Easter. We won't do that one again. I do recommend it if you have a 3 yr old or under for the baby area. The kids had fun!










No comments:
Post a Comment